Name: Hua Xin
Title: Associate Professor
Phone number: 86-451-8219-1323
Address: Northeast Forestry University, Shaw (Yifu) Teaching Building, Room 504
Education and Training:
2003 – 2007: China Pharmaceutical University, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
2008 – 2014: Northeast Forestry University, Ph.D. in phytology
2012 – 2013: The University of Texas at Austin, Visiting Student in Pharmacy
2014 – 2018: Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Postdoctoral Training in Veterinary Science
2007 – 2012: Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical co., ltd., Research Staff
2014 – 2018: Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Research Assistant
2019 – Present: Northeast Forestry University, Associate Professor
Honors and Awards:
2017: Outstanding post-doctoral fellow of Chinese academy of agricultural sciences
Pharmaceutical analysis, Drug metabolism, Pharmacology, Analysis of secondary metabolic pathways in plants, Activity screening of natural products.
Courses to Teach:
Natural Product Analysis
We are interested in analyzing the metabolic pathways of active substances in natural medicinal plants by means of molecular biology, information biology, metabolomics and analytical chemistry. We are also screening natural products with anti-tumor, antibacterial and antiviral activities, and studying the molecular mechanism of their activity.
(1) National Natural Science Funds of China (31602100), (P.I.)
01/01/2017 – 12/31/2019,
Title: Research on the molecular mechanism of dryofragin against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
(2) China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2016M591311), (P.I.)
07/01/2016 – 6/30/2018,
Title: Molecular mechanism of anti –MRSA activity of active components from Dryopteris fragrans (L.) Schott”
(3) Program for Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province of China (C2016063), (P.I.)
07/01/2016 – 6/30/2019,
Title: Screening of anti-MRSA active components from pigeonpea
(4) Central Public-interest Scientific Institution Basal Fund (1610302017007), (P.I.)
01/01/2016 – 12/31/2017,
Title: Anti-MRSA new drug creation
1. Hua Xin, Jia Yue, Yang Qin, Zhang Wanjiang, Dong Zhimin, Liu Siguo*. Transcriptional Analysis of the Effects of Gambogic Acid and Neogambogic Acid on MethicillinResistant Staphylococcus aureus. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 2019, 10: 986.
2. Hua Xin, Yang Qin, Zhang Wanjiang, Dong Zhimin, Yu Shenye, Schwarz Stefan, Liu Siguo*. Antibacterial Activity and Mechanism of Action of Aspidinol Against Multi-Drug-Resistant Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 2018, 9: 619.
3. Hua Xin, Yang Q, Dong Z, Zhang J, Zhang W, Wang Q, Tan S, and Smyth HD*. Magnetically triggered drug release from nanoparticles and its applications in anti-tumor treatment. Drug Delivery. 2017, 24:511-518.
4. Tan S, Dong Z, Zhang J, Efferth T, Fu Y, and Hua Xin*. Cytochrome P450 reaction phenotyping and inhibition and induction studies of pinostrobin in human liver microsomes and hepatocytes. Biomedical Chromatography. 2017, 31(6):e3888..
5. Hua Xin, Peng X, Tan S, Li C, Wang W, Luo M, Fu Y, Zu Y, and Smyth H*. In vitro oxidative metabolism of cajaninstilbene Acid by human liver microsomes and hepatocytes: involvement of cytochrome p450 reaction phenotyping, inhibition, and induction studies. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2014, 62:10604-10614.
6. Hua Xin, Tan S, Bandara HM, Fu Y, Liu S, and Smyth HD*. Externally controlled triggered-release of drug from PLGA micro and nanoparticles. PLoS One. 2014, 9: e114271.
7. Hua Xin, Fu YJ*, Zu YG, Zhang L, Wang W, and Luo M. Determination of pinostrobin in rat plasma by LC-MS/MS: application to pharmacokinetics. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2011, 56:841-845.
8. Hua Xin, Fu YJ*, Zu YG, Wu N, Kong Y, Li J, Peng X, and Efferth T. Plasma pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution study of cajaninstilbene acid in rats by liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2010, 52:273-279.
9. Fuguang Chen, Wanjiang Zhang, Stefan Schwarz, Yao Zhu, Ruichao Li, Xin Hua, Siguo Liu*. Genetic characterization of an MDR/virulence genomic element carrying two T6SS gene clusters in a clinical Klebsiella pneumoniae isolate of swine origin. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2019. 74: 1539-1544.
10. Xiumei Wang, Yao Zhu, Xin Hua, Fuguang Chen, Changzhen Wang, Yanhe Zhang, Siguo Liu, Wanjiang Zhang*. F14:A-:B- and IncX4 Inc group cfr-positive plasmids circulating in Escherichia coli of animal origin in Northeast China. Veterinary Microbiology. 2018, 217: 53-57.
11. Si H, Zhang WJ, Chu S, Wang XM, Dai L, Hua Xin, Dong Z, Schwarz S, and Liu S*. Novel plasmid-borne multidrug resistance gene cluster including lsa(E) from a linezolid-resistant Enterococcus faecium isolate of swine origin. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2015, 59:7113-7116.
12. Jiang SG, Zu YG, Zhang L, Fu YJ, Zhang Y, Wang Z, Hua Xin, and Wang JT*. Determination of a hydrophilic paclitaxel derivative, 7-xylosyl-10-deacetylpaclitaxel in rat plasma by LC-MS/MS. Biomedical Chromatography. 2009, 23:472-479.
13. Wan D, Jiang C, Hua Xin, Wang T, and Chai Y*. Cell cycle arrest and apoptosis induced by aspidin PB through the p53/p21 and mitochondria-dependent pathways in human osteosarcoma cells. Anticancer Drugs. 2015, 26(9):931-941.
14. Wang XM, Dong Z, Schwarz S, Zhu Y, Hua Xin, Zhang Y, Liu S, and Zhang WJ*. Plasmids of Diverse Inc Groups Disseminate the Fosfomycin Resistance Gene fosA3 among Escherichia coli Isolates from Pigs, Chickens, and Dairy Cows in Northeast China. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2017, 61(9):e00859.
15. Yuan X, Liu Y, Hua Xin, Deng X, Sun P, Yu C, Chen L, Yu S, Liu S, and Pang H*. Myricetin ameliorates the symptoms of collagen-induced arthritis in mice by inhibiting cathepsin K activity. Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology. 2015,37:513-519.
16. Zhang WJ, Wang XM, Dai L, Hua Xin, Dong Z, Schwarz S, and Liu S*. Novel conjugative plasmid from Escherichia coli of swine origin that coharbors the multiresistance gene cfr and the extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase gene blaCTX-M-14b. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2015, 59:1337-1340.
17. Kong Y, Fu YJ*, Zu YG, Liu W, Wang W, Hua Xin, and Yang M. Ethanol modified supercritical fluid extraction and antioxidant activity of cajaninstilbene acid and pinostrobin from pigeonpea [Cajanus cajan (L.) Millsp.] leaves. Food Chemistry. 2009, 117:152-159.