Name: Jin, Li Hua
Position: Director of Genetics Subject
Phone number: 86-451-8219-0242
Address: Northeast Forestry University, Shaw (Yifu) Teaching Building, Room 254
Education and Training:
1989 – 1993: YanBian University, Bachelor of Chemistry
1998 – 2000: Kangwon University, Master of Applied Biology and Technology
2000 – 2003: Hallyme University, Ph.D. in Biomedical Gerontology
2003 – 2005: Yonsei University, Postdoctoral Training in Biochemistry,
Genome Regulation Center
2005 – 2009: Yonsei University, Research Professor
2009 – 2016: Northeast Forestry University, Department of Genetics, Professor
Honors and Awards:
2013: China forestry Youth Science and Technology Award
Molecular Biology, Cell biology, Immunology
Courses to Teach:
Extramural Appointments and Service:
2013-2015: Scientific Reviewer of National Natural Science Foundation of China
The development and specification of blood cells in humans andDrosophilaare controlled by conserved transcriptional regulators and signaling pathways.Drosophilahas become a good model for investigating the genetic and molecular mechanisms of life science and human disease, especially hematopoiesis and associated leukemias. My research interest isDrosophilainnate immunity, hematopoiesis, gut immunity and pharmacology of traditional medicine field.
(1) Project supported by the Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province, China (C2016010) (P.I.)
07/01/2016 – 06/30/2019
Title: Effects of medicinal plants on Drosophila intestinal immunity and insulin metabolism
(2) Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China (20130062110011) (P.I.)
01/01/2014 – 12/31/2016
Title: Mechanisms of Foxn1 regulating cellular immune response in Drosophila
(3) National Natural Science Foundation of China (31270923) (P.I.)
01/01/2013 – 12/31/2016
Title: The role of transcription factor jumu in Drosophila cellular immunity
(4) Scientific Research Starting Foundation for Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, Ministry of Education, China. (P.I.)
01/01/2012 – 12/31/2014
Title: Functional analysis of immune related genes in Drosophila
(5) Scientific Research Foundation of the State Human Resource Ministry and the Education Ministry for Returned Chinese Scholars, China (P.I.)
01/01/2011 – 12/31/2013
Title: Functional analysis of CG7510 in Drosophila innate immunity
(6) National Natural Science Foundation of China (31070775) (P.I.)
01/01/2011 – 12/31/2013
Title: Function and molecular mechanism of CG7510 in Drosophila innate immunity
(7) National Natural Science Foundation of China (30940063) (P.I.)
01/01/2010 – 12/31/2010,
Title: Function and molecular mechanism of immune related genes in Drosophila
1. Gaoqun Zhang, Yangguang Hao,Li Hua Jin*.Overexpression of jumu induces melanotic nodules by activating Toll signaling in Drosophila. (2016)Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 77:31-38.
2. Yang Zhou, Zonglin Liu, Yuchen Chen,Li Hua Jin*.Identification of protective effects of traditional medicinal plants against SDS-induced Drosophila gut damage. (2016)Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine. 12:2671-2680
3. Weiyu Zhang,Li Hua Jin.Asparagus cochinchinensis Extract Alleviates Metal Ion-Induced Gut Injury in Drosophila: An In Silico Analysis of Potential Active Constituents. (2016)Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016:7603746.
4. Jichuan Pan,Li Hua Jin*.rgn gene is required for gut cell homeostasis after ingestion of sodium dodecyl sulfate in Drosophila. (2014)Gene. 549(1):141-148.
5. Caixia Zhu, Fachun Guan, Chao Wang,Li Hua Jin*.The Protective Effects of Rhodiola crenulata Extracts on Drosophila melanogaster Gut Immunity Induced by Bacteria and SDS Toxicity. (2014)Phytotherapy Research. 28:1861-1866.
6. Wenjia Li, Qiuxiang Luo,Li Hua Jin*.Acanthopanax senticosus extracts have a protective effect on Drosophila gut immunity. (2013)Journal of Ethnopharmacology.146(1):257-263.
7.Li Hua Jin, Jung Kyoon Choi,Byungil Kim,Hwan Sung Cho,Jihyun Kim,Jeongsil Kim-Ha, Young-Joon Kim*.Requirement of Split ends for Epigenetic Regulation of Notch Signal-Dependent Genes during Infection-Induced Hemocyte Differentiation. (2009)Molecular and Cellular Biology. 29:1515-1525.
8.Li Hua Jin,Jaewon Shim,Joon Sun Yoon,Byungil Kim,Jihyun Kim,Jeongsil Kim-Ha, Young-Joon Kim*.Identification and Functional Analysis of Antifungal Immune Response Genes in Drosophila. (2008)PLoS Pathogens. 2008,4: e1000168.
9.Li Hua Jin,Jung Kyoon Choi,Hwan Sung Cho,Jaewon Shim,Young-Joon Kim.*Microarray Analysis of the Gene Expression Profiles of SL2 Cells Stimulated by LPS/PGN and Curdlan. (2008)Molecules and Cells, 25:553-558.
10.Li Hua Jin, Jae Hoon Bahn, Won Sik Eum, Jinseu Park, Soo Young Choi*.Transduction of human catalase mediated by an HIV-1 Tat protein basic domain and arginine-rich peptides into mammalian cells. (2001)Free Radical Biology＆Medicine.31:1509-1519.